The Law Office of Marcia Binder Ibrahim, LLC, located in Montgomery County, PA, has a job opening for an associate attorney with at least five years of criminal and/or immigration experience. The firm handles criminal and family matters, and has a special focus on all aspects of immigration law as they relate to the above.
Applicants must be a member of the Pennsylvania bar and/or eligible to waive in. Spanish language fluency is required. The firm’s offices are located in Lansdale and Norristown, and both are convenient to SEPTA’s regional rail. A competitive salary and benefits are available. The firm offers a flexible and congenial work environment, with significant opportunities to gain experience in complex immigration matters.
Interested candidates are requested to send a cover letter detailing why you are qualified for this position, along with salary requirements and a resume in PDF format to Marcia Binder Ibrahim. (Note: the firm will not accept calls regarding this position unless the firm has already made contact first.)
Gawthrop Greenwood, PC is a mid-size 100+ year old law firm headquartered in West Chester, PA. They have a job opening / opportunity for a full-time experienced Estate Paralegal for their Wilmington, DE office. The desired candidate’s requirements include:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Must be organized, professional, dependable
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Must have strong technical skills, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel; OneSource Tax and Accounting System (“Zane”)
- Prosystems fX and TABS experience a plus
- Must be able to prioritize and pay close attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be generally familiar with court accounting and tax preparation software, the Delaware probate process, and ability to draft estate planning documents; familiarity with the Pennsylvania probate and inheritance tax process a plus.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
The firm offers a competitive starting salary commensurate with experience, along with a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, ST, LT, Life and 401K. Please forward resume, salary requirements and references to Diane Wenner . Equal Opportunity Employer.
The law firm of Flaster/Greenberg PC has a job opening / opportunity for a Midlevel Associate in Family Law / Commercial Litigation to work out of their Cherry Hill office, with occasional travel to their Philadelphia office.
Flaster/Greenberg PC is a full-service, commercial business law firm serving clients across a range of industries in the public, private, government and nonprofit sectors. six offices in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Delaware, strategically located within the mid-Atlantic corridor in close geographic proximity to the hubs of business, industry and government.
Their ideal candidate should possess the following:
- 2-4 years of family law experience;
- Commercial litigation experience and/or a strong interest in working on commercial litigation matters;
- Excellent interpersonal and client servicing skills;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Excellent academic credentials;
- New Jersey license required. Pennsylvania license a plus.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume in confidence to: Erica S. Gonzalez, Director of Legal Recruitment.
Berks County is a lovely area of PA. The Law Firm of Leisawitz Heller is a mid-sized law firm serving clients throughout Berks County and southeastern Pennsylvania. It has been one of the leading law firms since 1945. The firm offers a range of legal services, including business formations and mergers, bankruptcy, employment law, personal injury litigation, real estate development, estate planning and administration, elder law, and taxation.
The firm has an immediate job opening / opportunity for a legal assistant with 3-5 years litigation legal secretary experience. Duties include word processing (70+ wpm), file organization, e-filing, answering phones and other administrative tasks. The qualified candidate should have excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office) with a high accuracy rate and attention to detail. A positive attitude and strong work ethic are important.
The firm offers comprehensive benefits and a team friendly work environment. Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and salary requirement to Kimberly A. Dunkle, Controller / Firm Administrator. Applications may also be submitted by U.S.P.S. to 2755 Century Boulevard; Wyomissing, PA 19610.
The mid-size law firm of Gawthrop Greenwood, PC, which is located in West Chester, Chester County, PA, is steeped in rich history. They have a job opening / opportunity for an Estate Paralegal with a minimum of five years’ experience. The successful candidate will be organized, professional, dependable, articulate, and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
Strong technical skills are required, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel; FastTax (“Zane”); Prosystems fX and TABS experience a plus. Candidate must be able to prioritize and pay attention to detail and accuracy.
Must be generally familiar with court accounting and tax preparation software, along with knowledge of Orphans’ Court practice. Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Competitive starting salary commensurate with experience, along with a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, STD, LTD, Life and 401K.
Please forward resume, salary requirements and references to Diane Wenner, Assistant Office Manager. The firm is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Opening / Opportunity in Williamsport, PA:
McCormick Law Firm in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, is looking to hire a full-time associate attorney with 1-7 years experience who is interested in working in the general practice of law, with a focus in Professional Liability Defense and Commercial Litigation. The associate will also have opportunities to work in the following practice areas: General Defense Litigation, Municipal Law, and/or Labor & Employment Law. The ideal candidate must be focused, highly motivated, and energized to take on current business as well as new challenges. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1862, McCormick Law Firm is one of the oldest and most established law firms in North Central Pennsylvania. The Firm has a regional presence, and is looking for an attorney with a long-term commitment to residing and practicing in Pennsylvania. The Williamsport area offers a high quality of life. All attorneys at McCormick Law Firm are encouraged and expected to be involved as a volunteer in the community.
Interested applicants should send a resume, law school transcript and cover letter, including available start date, to Emilie Pearson, Business Manager, via email, or via regular mail to:
McCormick Law Firm
Attn: Emilie Pearson, Business Manager
835 West Fourth Street
Williamsport, PA 17701
MacElree Harvey, LTD, a mid-sized law firm based in West Chester, PA has an excellent opportunity available for a Staff Accountant. This position is responsible for supporting the CFO/COO to ensure accurate, appropriate, effective, and efficient operations in Finance and other areas of the Firm including general office administration duties.
- Assists in creating, implementing and maintaining budgets.
- Maintains cash flow projections to meet cash requirements.
- Assists with month-end and year-end closing and related journal entries.
- Responsible for reconciling bank accounts monthly.
- Evaluates financial reports and accounting procedures.
- Assists with payroll responsibilities include maintaining cash requirements for payroll, cafeteria and health reimbursement accounts.
- Responsible for providing guidance to Billing, Payroll/Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Administrators.
- Supports CFO/COO with other general office administration duties including coordination of firm events, preparing correspondence, handling firm insurance, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or equivalent experience is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years experience in finance and accounting with at least 3 years in a law firm preferred.
- Strong knowledge of general accounting procedures, systems, terms, concepts and policies.
- Familiarity with general ledger, general journal entries, cost accounting, fixed asset accounting, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Knowledge of accounting for law firm operations, including time and billing systems, alternative billing methods, collections procedures and cost recovery guidelines.
- Proficient with financial controls, budgeting, financial reporting, cash flow analysis and variance analysis including methods of financial analysis, calculating and interpreting various financial ratios and analyzing comparative financial information.
- Familiar with features and capabilities of automated financial management systems (TABS).
- Knowledge of trust accounting procedures and regulations, banking/investment concepts and types of accounts.
- Computer skills including Excel, Word and TABs software.
Excellent benefits package including 401k and competitive salary offered. Contact Carolyn Van Fleet, Director of Human Resources.
A Paoli, PA law firm has a job opening for an experienced law firm billing coordinator. This person will compile, manage, and execute attorney billing. This person may also perform a variety of other accounting and bookkeeping duties according to established policies and procedures. Maintains contact with attorneys, staff, vendors and clients, and observes confidentiality of client and firm matters.
Timeslips experience preferred. Experience transitioning to new software system a plus. Five years’ experience preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Compiles and bills attorney hours to clients every month.
- Reviews and edits pre-bills in response to attorney and secretary requests.
- Apply retainer funds as directed by attorney.
- Process write-offs following Firm policy.
- Ability to execute complex bills in a timely manner (i.e., multiple discounts by matter, split-party billing, preparation of electronic bills).
- Assist attorneys and staff regarding various aspects of the billing cycle.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with attorneys, staff, and clients.
- Review and verify accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required.
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding billing issues and problems.
- Create new billing formats as needed.
- Create billing schedules and various other billing analyses as required.
- Creates and prints final client billing.
- Creates and distributes monthly reports.
- Assist with WIP and receivables; Work with Partners to actively address aged and/or unbilled fees and costs.
- Utilizes computerized accounting and payables software programs (CMS, Excel, Word) to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Operates office equipment including personal computer, copiers, fax machines and 10-key calculator.
- Reads, uses and is familiar with computer systems manuals and procedures, maintains and updates procedural manuals as needed.
- Ensures strict confidentiality at all times.
Experienced and interested candidates should Email resume and salary requirements to Beth Ruggiero.
Job opportunity! Wolf, Baldwin, a busy, 8 attorney law firm in Pottstown, Montgomery County (additional offices in Reading and West Chester) seeks a senior associate with significant experience in estate administration and probate to manage their well-established estate planning and probate practice. This is a great opportunity for a solo attorney tired of management headaches, or an attorney in a larger firm who wants to work in a more close-knit environment. Strong computer skills a must. The ideal candidate would also have experience in estate planning, and possibly an LLM as well. This is a long-term career prospect. Salary commensurate with experience, health insurance and 401(k) included. E-mail resume and cover letter to Levi Wolf.
The Lycoming Law Association has a job opening. They are looking for a part-time Executive Director to provide professional management for this organization and its 200 plus members. As such, familiarity with lawyers and law offices, together with take-charge ability and management skills are a must. The position will be part-time 25 to 30 hours per week, with salary commensurate with experience. For full details of the position, necessary qualifications, and the application process, please go to the LLA website at www.lycolaw.org.