The mid-size law firm of Gawthrop Greenwood, PC, which is located in West Chester, Chester County, PA, is steeped in rich history. They have a job opening / opportunity for an Estate Paralegal with a minimum of five years’ experience. The successful candidate will be organized, professional, dependable, articulate, and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
Strong technical skills are required, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel; FastTax (“Zane”); Prosystems fX and TABS experience a plus. Candidate must be able to prioritize and pay attention to detail and accuracy.
Must be generally familiar with court accounting and tax preparation software, along with knowledge of Orphans’ Court practice. Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Competitive starting salary commensurate with experience, along with a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, STD, LTD, Life and 401K.
Please forward resume, salary requirements and references to Diane Wenner, Assistant Office Manager. The firm is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MacElree Harvey, LTD, a mid-sized law firm based in West Chester, PA has an excellent opportunity available for a Staff Accountant. This position is responsible for supporting the CFO/COO to ensure accurate, appropriate, effective, and efficient operations in Finance and other areas of the Firm including general office administration duties.
- Assists in creating, implementing and maintaining budgets.
- Maintains cash flow projections to meet cash requirements.
- Assists with month-end and year-end closing and related journal entries.
- Responsible for reconciling bank accounts monthly.
- Evaluates financial reports and accounting procedures.
- Assists with payroll responsibilities include maintaining cash requirements for payroll, cafeteria and health reimbursement accounts.
- Responsible for providing guidance to Billing, Payroll/Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Administrators.
- Supports CFO/COO with other general office administration duties including coordination of firm events, preparing correspondence, handling firm insurance, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or equivalent experience is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years experience in finance and accounting with at least 3 years in a law firm preferred.
- Strong knowledge of general accounting procedures, systems, terms, concepts and policies.
- Familiarity with general ledger, general journal entries, cost accounting, fixed asset accounting, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Knowledge of accounting for law firm operations, including time and billing systems, alternative billing methods, collections procedures and cost recovery guidelines.
- Proficient with financial controls, budgeting, financial reporting, cash flow analysis and variance analysis including methods of financial analysis, calculating and interpreting various financial ratios and analyzing comparative financial information.
- Familiar with features and capabilities of automated financial management systems (TABS).
- Knowledge of trust accounting procedures and regulations, banking/investment concepts and types of accounts.
- Computer skills including Excel, Word and TABs software.
Excellent benefits package including 401k and competitive salary offered. Contact Carolyn Van Fleet, Director of Human Resources.
A Paoli, PA law firm has a job opening for an experienced law firm billing coordinator. This person will compile, manage, and execute attorney billing. This person may also perform a variety of other accounting and bookkeeping duties according to established policies and procedures. Maintains contact with attorneys, staff, vendors and clients, and observes confidentiality of client and firm matters.
Timeslips experience preferred. Experience transitioning to new software system a plus. Five years’ experience preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Compiles and bills attorney hours to clients every month.
- Reviews and edits pre-bills in response to attorney and secretary requests.
- Apply retainer funds as directed by attorney.
- Process write-offs following Firm policy.
- Ability to execute complex bills in a timely manner (i.e., multiple discounts by matter, split-party billing, preparation of electronic bills).
- Assist attorneys and staff regarding various aspects of the billing cycle.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with attorneys, staff, and clients.
- Review and verify accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required.
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding billing issues and problems.
- Create new billing formats as needed.
- Create billing schedules and various other billing analyses as required.
- Creates and prints final client billing.
- Creates and distributes monthly reports.
- Assist with WIP and receivables; Work with Partners to actively address aged and/or unbilled fees and costs.
- Utilizes computerized accounting and payables software programs (CMS, Excel, Word) to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Operates office equipment including personal computer, copiers, fax machines and 10-key calculator.
- Reads, uses and is familiar with computer systems manuals and procedures, maintains and updates procedural manuals as needed.
- Ensures strict confidentiality at all times.
Experienced and interested candidates should Email resume and salary requirements to Beth Ruggiero.