A Paoli, PA law firm has a job opening for an experienced law firm billing coordinator. This person will compile, manage, and execute attorney billing. This person may also perform a variety of other accounting and bookkeeping duties according to established policies and procedures. Maintains contact with attorneys, staff, vendors and clients, and observes confidentiality of client and firm matters.
Timeslips experience preferred. Experience transitioning to new software system a plus. Five years’ experience preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Compiles and bills attorney hours to clients every month.
- Reviews and edits pre-bills in response to attorney and secretary requests.
- Apply retainer funds as directed by attorney.
- Process write-offs following Firm policy.
- Ability to execute complex bills in a timely manner (i.e., multiple discounts by matter, split-party billing, preparation of electronic bills).
- Assist attorneys and staff regarding various aspects of the billing cycle.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with attorneys, staff, and clients.
- Review and verify accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required.
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding billing issues and problems.
- Create new billing formats as needed.
- Create billing schedules and various other billing analyses as required.
- Creates and prints final client billing.
- Creates and distributes monthly reports.
- Assist with WIP and receivables; Work with Partners to actively address aged and/or unbilled fees and costs.
- Utilizes computerized accounting and payables software programs (CMS, Excel, Word) to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Operates office equipment including personal computer, copiers, fax machines and 10-key calculator.
- Reads, uses and is familiar with computer systems manuals and procedures, maintains and updates procedural manuals as needed.
- Ensures strict confidentiality at all times.
Experienced and interested candidates should Email resume and salary requirements to Beth Ruggiero.