Berks County is a lovely area of PA. The Law Firm of Leisawitz Heller is a mid-sized law firm serving clients throughout Berks County and southeastern Pennsylvania. It has been one of the leading law firms since 1945. The firm offers a range of legal services, including business formations and mergers, bankruptcy, employment law, personal injury litigation, real estate development, estate planning and administration, elder law, and taxation.
The firm has an immediate job opening / opportunity for a legal assistant with 3-5 years litigation legal secretary experience. Duties include word processing (70+ wpm), file organization, e-filing, answering phones and other administrative tasks. The qualified candidate should have excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office) with a high accuracy rate and attention to detail. A positive attitude and strong work ethic are important.
The firm offers comprehensive benefits and a team friendly work environment. Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and salary requirement to Kimberly A. Dunkle, Controller / Firm Administrator. Applications may also be submitted by U.S.P.S. to 2755 Century Boulevard; Wyomissing, PA 19610.
The mid-size law firm of Gawthrop Greenwood, PC, which is located in West Chester, Chester County, PA, is steeped in rich history. They have a job opening / opportunity for an Estate Paralegal with a minimum of five years’ experience. The successful candidate will be organized, professional, dependable, articulate, and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
Strong technical skills are required, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel; FastTax (“Zane”); Prosystems fX and TABS experience a plus. Candidate must be able to prioritize and pay attention to detail and accuracy.
Must be generally familiar with court accounting and tax preparation software, along with knowledge of Orphans’ Court practice. Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Competitive starting salary commensurate with experience, along with a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, STD, LTD, Life and 401K.
Please forward resume, salary requirements and references to Diane Wenner, Assistant Office Manager. The firm is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The small, growing 4-attorney Jenkintown, Montgomery County, PA law firm of Solnick & Levin LLC is seeking an associate with a minimum of 3 years of plaintiff personal injury experience. The desired candidate must be able
- to work independently
- pay attention to detail
- have excellent writing skill
- have strong analytical skills
- be hard working
- be well organized
- have superior communication skills
Experience with court appearances, motion practice and depositions is required. Email your cover letter, resume, and salary request to Kelly A. Mills, Firm Administrator.
The King of Prussia, PA law firm of Mannion Prior, LLP has an immediate opening for an associate with a minimum of 2-3 years of solid commercial litigation experience at a large firm, as well as excellent academics. Experience in estate planning & administration and Orphans’ Court litigation preferred.
Mannion Prior is a litigation boutique which pursues, defends, and provides advice on issues involving the standards of care applicable to fiduciaries such as trustees, executors, guardians, charitable organizations, banks, trust companies, partners, attorneys, and officers and directors of corporations.
The firm offers a generous salary and benefits package, including a 401(k) match.
Please send cover letter and resume to Christine Thul.
Job Opening / Opportunity in Williamsport, PA:
McCormick Law Firm in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, is looking to hire a full-time associate attorney with 1-7 years experience who is interested in working in the general practice of law, with a focus in Professional Liability Defense and Commercial Litigation. The associate will also have opportunities to work in the following practice areas: General Defense Litigation, Municipal Law, and/or Labor & Employment Law. The ideal candidate must be focused, highly motivated, and energized to take on current business as well as new challenges. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1862, McCormick Law Firm is one of the oldest and most established law firms in North Central Pennsylvania. The Firm has a regional presence, and is looking for an attorney with a long-term commitment to residing and practicing in Pennsylvania. The Williamsport area offers a high quality of life. All attorneys at McCormick Law Firm are encouraged and expected to be involved as a volunteer in the community.
Interested applicants should send a resume, law school transcript and cover letter, including available start date, to Emilie Pearson, Business Manager, via email, or via regular mail to:
McCormick Law Firm
Attn: Emilie Pearson, Business Manager
835 West Fourth Street
Williamsport, PA 17701
A growing solo practice PI firm in Conshohocken, PA is looking for someone who can do it all. A great job opportunity! The ideal candidate will have:
- three or more years’ experience in a plaintiffs personal injury law firm
- experience managing a small office
- well-developed communication skills
- experience with cloud-based or traditional practice management computer software — Clio experience a plus
- experience with motor vehicle cases, premises cases, and medical malpractice is important
The position is part-time, with an anticipated transition to full time. The firm offers a flexible and family-friendly workplace.
Please send your resume and salary expectations to Andrew T. Neuwirth, Esquire. Not accepting submissions from recruiters, or by telephone.
Heckscher, Teillon, Terrill & Sager, is a boutique trusts and estates law firm with 17 attorneys and 6 paralegals located 20 minutes from Center City Philadelphia in West Conshohocken. They have a job opening / opportunity for an experienced, full-time trusts and estates paralegal.
Qualified Candidate Requirements:
- Minimum of 4 years trusts and estates experience, including administration of complex estates and trusts, and preparation of Federal and State tax returns (706, PA-1500, 1041, PA-41)
- 4-year degree or paralegal certificate, or equivalent experience
- Professional manor, ability to work independently in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
- Team player, yet independent thinker.
- Excellent communication, writing and organizational skills. Able to prioritize, multi-task, and work well with clients. Exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience with tax preparation software (knowledge of Faster and/or ProSystems Fx Tax a plus).
- Office 2010 (Word, Excel, Outlook) experience required.
The position offers competitive salary and generous benefits.
Qualified candidates may email cover letter, resume, salary requirements and references in confidence to: Anne L. Paisley, Firm Administrator.
The firm is not accepting telephone calls regarding the position.
Cipriani & Werner PC is a regional law firm with offices in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, New Jersey and Delaware. They are currently searching for a full time associate attorney with 4-6 years of litigation experience to work in their Blue Bell, PA office. Strongest candidates will have extensive experience defending clients through all phases of the litigation process. Experience taking depositions is a must. The firm offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, life and LTD as well as a matching 401(k) plan. Salary is negotiable. Please submit your resume along with salary requirements to Denise L. Barbadoro, Office Manager.
MacElree Harvey, LTD, a mid-sized law firm based in West Chester, PA has an excellent opportunity available for a Staff Accountant. This position is responsible for supporting the CFO/COO to ensure accurate, appropriate, effective, and efficient operations in Finance and other areas of the Firm including general office administration duties.
- Assists in creating, implementing and maintaining budgets.
- Maintains cash flow projections to meet cash requirements.
- Assists with month-end and year-end closing and related journal entries.
- Responsible for reconciling bank accounts monthly.
- Evaluates financial reports and accounting procedures.
- Assists with payroll responsibilities include maintaining cash requirements for payroll, cafeteria and health reimbursement accounts.
- Responsible for providing guidance to Billing, Payroll/Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Administrators.
- Supports CFO/COO with other general office administration duties including coordination of firm events, preparing correspondence, handling firm insurance, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or equivalent experience is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years experience in finance and accounting with at least 3 years in a law firm preferred.
- Strong knowledge of general accounting procedures, systems, terms, concepts and policies.
- Familiarity with general ledger, general journal entries, cost accounting, fixed asset accounting, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Knowledge of accounting for law firm operations, including time and billing systems, alternative billing methods, collections procedures and cost recovery guidelines.
- Proficient with financial controls, budgeting, financial reporting, cash flow analysis and variance analysis including methods of financial analysis, calculating and interpreting various financial ratios and analyzing comparative financial information.
- Familiar with features and capabilities of automated financial management systems (TABS).
- Knowledge of trust accounting procedures and regulations, banking/investment concepts and types of accounts.
- Computer skills including Excel, Word and TABs software.
Excellent benefits package including 401k and competitive salary offered. Contact Carolyn Van Fleet, Director of Human Resources.
A Paoli, PA law firm has a job opening for an experienced law firm billing coordinator. This person will compile, manage, and execute attorney billing. This person may also perform a variety of other accounting and bookkeeping duties according to established policies and procedures. Maintains contact with attorneys, staff, vendors and clients, and observes confidentiality of client and firm matters.
Timeslips experience preferred. Experience transitioning to new software system a plus. Five years’ experience preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Compiles and bills attorney hours to clients every month.
- Reviews and edits pre-bills in response to attorney and secretary requests.
- Apply retainer funds as directed by attorney.
- Process write-offs following Firm policy.
- Ability to execute complex bills in a timely manner (i.e., multiple discounts by matter, split-party billing, preparation of electronic bills).
- Assist attorneys and staff regarding various aspects of the billing cycle.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with attorneys, staff, and clients.
- Review and verify accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required.
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding billing issues and problems.
- Create new billing formats as needed.
- Create billing schedules and various other billing analyses as required.
- Creates and prints final client billing.
- Creates and distributes monthly reports.
- Assist with WIP and receivables; Work with Partners to actively address aged and/or unbilled fees and costs.
- Utilizes computerized accounting and payables software programs (CMS, Excel, Word) to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Operates office equipment including personal computer, copiers, fax machines and 10-key calculator.
- Reads, uses and is familiar with computer systems manuals and procedures, maintains and updates procedural manuals as needed.
- Ensures strict confidentiality at all times.
Experienced and interested candidates should Email resume and salary requirements to Beth Ruggiero.