Job Opening / Opportunity in Williamsport, PA:
McCormick Law Firm in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, is looking to hire a full-time associate attorney with 1-7 years experience who is interested in working in the general practice of law, with a focus in Professional Liability Defense and Commercial Litigation. The associate will also have opportunities to work in the following practice areas: General Defense Litigation, Municipal Law, and/or Labor & Employment Law. The ideal candidate must be focused, highly motivated, and energized to take on current business as well as new challenges. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1862, McCormick Law Firm is one of the oldest and most established law firms in North Central Pennsylvania. The Firm has a regional presence, and is looking for an attorney with a long-term commitment to residing and practicing in Pennsylvania. The Williamsport area offers a high quality of life. All attorneys at McCormick Law Firm are encouraged and expected to be involved as a volunteer in the community.
Interested applicants should send a resume, law school transcript and cover letter, including available start date, to Emilie Pearson, Business Manager, via email, or via regular mail to:
McCormick Law Firm
Attn: Emilie Pearson, Business Manager
835 West Fourth Street
Williamsport, PA 17701
A growing solo practice PI firm in Conshohocken, PA is looking for someone who can do it all. A great job opportunity! The ideal candidate will have:
- three or more years’ experience in a plaintiffs personal injury law firm
- experience managing a small office
- well-developed communication skills
- experience with cloud-based or traditional practice management computer software — Clio experience a plus
- experience with motor vehicle cases, premises cases, and medical malpractice is important
The position is part-time, with an anticipated transition to full time. The firm offers a flexible and family-friendly workplace.
Please send your resume and salary expectations to Andrew T. Neuwirth, Esquire. Not accepting submissions from recruiters, or by telephone.
Heckscher, Teillon, Terrill & Sager, is a boutique trusts and estates law firm with 17 attorneys and 6 paralegals located 20 minutes from Center City Philadelphia in West Conshohocken. They have a job opening / opportunity for an experienced, full-time trusts and estates paralegal.
Qualified Candidate Requirements:
- Minimum of 4 years trusts and estates experience, including administration of complex estates and trusts, and preparation of Federal and State tax returns (706, PA-1500, 1041, PA-41)
- 4-year degree or paralegal certificate, or equivalent experience
- Professional manor, ability to work independently in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
- Team player, yet independent thinker.
- Excellent communication, writing and organizational skills. Able to prioritize, multi-task, and work well with clients. Exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience with tax preparation software (knowledge of Faster and/or ProSystems Fx Tax a plus).
- Office 2010 (Word, Excel, Outlook) experience required.
The position offers competitive salary and generous benefits.
Qualified candidates may email cover letter, resume, salary requirements and references in confidence to: Anne L. Paisley, Firm Administrator.
The firm is not accepting telephone calls regarding the position.
Cipriani & Werner PC is a regional law firm with offices in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, New Jersey and Delaware. They are currently searching for a full time associate attorney with 4-6 years of litigation experience to work in their Blue Bell, PA office. Strongest candidates will have extensive experience defending clients through all phases of the litigation process. Experience taking depositions is a must. The firm offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, life and LTD as well as a matching 401(k) plan. Salary is negotiable. Please submit your resume along with salary requirements to Denise L. Barbadoro, Office Manager.
MacElree Harvey, LTD, a mid-sized law firm based in West Chester, PA has an excellent opportunity available for a Staff Accountant. This position is responsible for supporting the CFO/COO to ensure accurate, appropriate, effective, and efficient operations in Finance and other areas of the Firm including general office administration duties.
- Assists in creating, implementing and maintaining budgets.
- Maintains cash flow projections to meet cash requirements.
- Assists with month-end and year-end closing and related journal entries.
- Responsible for reconciling bank accounts monthly.
- Evaluates financial reports and accounting procedures.
- Assists with payroll responsibilities include maintaining cash requirements for payroll, cafeteria and health reimbursement accounts.
- Responsible for providing guidance to Billing, Payroll/Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Administrators.
- Supports CFO/COO with other general office administration duties including coordination of firm events, preparing correspondence, handling firm insurance, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or equivalent experience is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years experience in finance and accounting with at least 3 years in a law firm preferred.
- Strong knowledge of general accounting procedures, systems, terms, concepts and policies.
- Familiarity with general ledger, general journal entries, cost accounting, fixed asset accounting, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Knowledge of accounting for law firm operations, including time and billing systems, alternative billing methods, collections procedures and cost recovery guidelines.
- Proficient with financial controls, budgeting, financial reporting, cash flow analysis and variance analysis including methods of financial analysis, calculating and interpreting various financial ratios and analyzing comparative financial information.
- Familiar with features and capabilities of automated financial management systems (TABS).
- Knowledge of trust accounting procedures and regulations, banking/investment concepts and types of accounts.
- Computer skills including Excel, Word and TABs software.
Excellent benefits package including 401k and competitive salary offered. Contact Carolyn Van Fleet, Director of Human Resources.
A Paoli, PA law firm has a job opening for an experienced law firm billing coordinator. This person will compile, manage, and execute attorney billing. This person may also perform a variety of other accounting and bookkeeping duties according to established policies and procedures. Maintains contact with attorneys, staff, vendors and clients, and observes confidentiality of client and firm matters.
Timeslips experience preferred. Experience transitioning to new software system a plus. Five years’ experience preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Compiles and bills attorney hours to clients every month.
- Reviews and edits pre-bills in response to attorney and secretary requests.
- Apply retainer funds as directed by attorney.
- Process write-offs following Firm policy.
- Ability to execute complex bills in a timely manner (i.e., multiple discounts by matter, split-party billing, preparation of electronic bills).
- Assist attorneys and staff regarding various aspects of the billing cycle.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with attorneys, staff, and clients.
- Review and verify accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required.
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding billing issues and problems.
- Create new billing formats as needed.
- Create billing schedules and various other billing analyses as required.
- Creates and prints final client billing.
- Creates and distributes monthly reports.
- Assist with WIP and receivables; Work with Partners to actively address aged and/or unbilled fees and costs.
- Utilizes computerized accounting and payables software programs (CMS, Excel, Word) to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Operates office equipment including personal computer, copiers, fax machines and 10-key calculator.
- Reads, uses and is familiar with computer systems manuals and procedures, maintains and updates procedural manuals as needed.
- Ensures strict confidentiality at all times.
Experienced and interested candidates should Email resume and salary requirements to Beth Ruggiero.
The Lycoming County Public Defender’s Office in Williamsport, PA has an opening for an Assistant Public Defender. A recent JD graduate who has passed the Bar is suitable. Applicant must also be a member of the Pennsylvania Bar and possess a valid driver’s license. Interested applicants should mail directly to
William J. Miele, Esquire
Chief Public Defender
48 West Third Street
Williamsport, PA 17701
Be sure to include:
- writing sample
- cover letter
The position will require assisting indigent clients in defense, children and youth, juvenile court, mental health and parole violations.
I wish I had a dollar for every attorney who has asked me over the years how to go about getting their dream in-house counsel position. Most attorneys imagine that in-house counsel work nine to five, have exorbitant salaries, great retirement plans, stock options, and tons of administrative support. When I talk to in-house counsel, I get an entirely different perspective.
As the saying goes, there are three sides to every story. A recently published post entitled Law Firm to In-house: Things to Consider Before Climbing Mountains, by David Maurer, a member of the well-known lawyer recruiting & placement firm of Major, Lindsey & Africa, gives a solid glimpse at the third side of the story.
If you’re one of the dreamers, read it for a dose of reality.
It seems that everyone is in an Ebola panic. We’re all secretly worried a pandemic will mark the beginning of the end of life as we know it. Personally, I think that most of us has just viewed one too many movies or TV shows about post-epidemic walking dead and other such horrors. But I don’t mean to diminish the worries which keep many people up at night.
With one travel-related case of Ebola in the U.S., and two resulting confirmed transmissions, the reality of how small our world is — and how vulnerable we are within it — is striking fear in the most stalwart of managers. Is there something you should be doing for your own safety? Is there something which you are obligated to do at the office?
Duane Morris has issued an Alert on the topic entitled “Guidance for Employers Regarding Ebola.” It provides one of the first analyses of possible risks and responsibilities for employers. Their guidance examines risks and responsibilities under ADA, OSHA, NLRA, FMLA, and Title VII.
Remember, according to the CDC, the Ebola virus can be spread in several ways to others. Specifically, Ebola is spread through direct contact with blood or body fluids of a person who is sick with Ebola, objects that have been contaminated with the virus and infected animals. The CDC states that Ebola is not spread through the air or by water or, in general, by food. So let’s not panic. Being well informed, and prepared, is always the best option.
An accomplished attorney with substantial experience working in the public sector. Has significant litigation experience, particularly in the areas of child advocacy, child day care licensing and mental health. A former judicial law clerk for the Honorable James R. Cavanaugh of the Superior Court of Pennsylvania. Previously worked as legislative counsel for Senator Shirley M. Kitchen in the Senate of Pennsylvania. Licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania.
Relevant Skills: Legal Research, Litigation, Legislative Research, Appellate Practice, Legal Writing of Pleadings, Motions and Post-Hearing Briefs, Administrative Hearing Appearances, Civil Commitment Hearing Appearances, Witness Preparation. Interested law firms should contact the candidate directly.