MacElree Harvey, LTD, a mid-sized law firm based in West Chester, PA has an excellent opportunity available for a Staff Accountant. This position is responsible for supporting the CFO/COO to ensure accurate, appropriate, effective, and efficient operations in Finance and other areas of the Firm including general office administration duties.
- Assists in creating, implementing and maintaining budgets.
- Maintains cash flow projections to meet cash requirements.
- Assists with month-end and year-end closing and related journal entries.
- Responsible for reconciling bank accounts monthly.
- Evaluates financial reports and accounting procedures.
- Assists with payroll responsibilities include maintaining cash requirements for payroll, cafeteria and health reimbursement accounts.
- Responsible for providing guidance to Billing, Payroll/Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Administrators.
- Supports CFO/COO with other general office administration duties including coordination of firm events, preparing correspondence, handling firm insurance, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or equivalent experience is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years experience in finance and accounting with at least 3 years in a law firm preferred.
- Strong knowledge of general accounting procedures, systems, terms, concepts and policies.
- Familiarity with general ledger, general journal entries, cost accounting, fixed asset accounting, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Knowledge of accounting for law firm operations, including time and billing systems, alternative billing methods, collections procedures and cost recovery guidelines.
- Proficient with financial controls, budgeting, financial reporting, cash flow analysis and variance analysis including methods of financial analysis, calculating and interpreting various financial ratios and analyzing comparative financial information.
- Familiar with features and capabilities of automated financial management systems (TABS).
- Knowledge of trust accounting procedures and regulations, banking/investment concepts and types of accounts.
- Computer skills including Excel, Word and TABs software.
Excellent benefits package including 401k and competitive salary offered. Contact Carolyn Van Fleet, Director of Human Resources.