Gawthrop Greenwood, PC is a mid-size 100+ year old law firm headquartered in West Chester, PA. They have a job opening / opportunity for a full-time experienced Estate Paralegal for their Wilmington, DE office. The desired candidate’s requirements include:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Must be organized, professional, dependable
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Must have strong technical skills, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel; OneSource Tax and Accounting System (“Zane”)
- Prosystems fX and TABS experience a plus
- Must be able to prioritize and pay close attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be generally familiar with court accounting and tax preparation software, the Delaware probate process, and ability to draft estate planning documents; familiarity with the Pennsylvania probate and inheritance tax process a plus.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
The firm offers a competitive starting salary commensurate with experience, along with a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, ST, LT, Life and 401K. Please forward resume, salary requirements and references to Diane Wenner . Equal Opportunity Employer.
The law firm of Flaster/Greenberg PC has a job opening / opportunity for a Midlevel Associate in Family Law / Commercial Litigation to work out of their Cherry Hill office, with occasional travel to their Philadelphia office.
Flaster/Greenberg PC is a full-service, commercial business law firm serving clients across a range of industries in the public, private, government and nonprofit sectors. six offices in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Delaware, strategically located within the mid-Atlantic corridor in close geographic proximity to the hubs of business, industry and government.
Their ideal candidate should possess the following:
- 2-4 years of family law experience;
- Commercial litigation experience and/or a strong interest in working on commercial litigation matters;
- Excellent interpersonal and client servicing skills;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Excellent academic credentials;
- New Jersey license required. Pennsylvania license a plus.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume in confidence to: Erica S. Gonzalez, Director of Legal Recruitment.
Berks County is a lovely area of PA. The Law Firm of Leisawitz Heller is a mid-sized law firm serving clients throughout Berks County and southeastern Pennsylvania. It has been one of the leading law firms since 1945. The firm offers a range of legal services, including business formations and mergers, bankruptcy, employment law, personal injury litigation, real estate development, estate planning and administration, elder law, and taxation.
The firm has an immediate job opening / opportunity for a legal assistant with 3-5 years litigation legal secretary experience. Duties include word processing (70+ wpm), file organization, e-filing, answering phones and other administrative tasks. The qualified candidate should have excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office) with a high accuracy rate and attention to detail. A positive attitude and strong work ethic are important.
The firm offers comprehensive benefits and a team friendly work environment. Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and salary requirement to Kimberly A. Dunkle, Controller / Firm Administrator. Applications may also be submitted by U.S.P.S. to 2755 Century Boulevard; Wyomissing, PA 19610.
Job Opening / Opportunity in Williamsport, PA:
McCormick Law Firm in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, is looking to hire a full-time associate attorney with 1-7 years experience who is interested in working in the general practice of law, with a focus in Professional Liability Defense and Commercial Litigation. The associate will also have opportunities to work in the following practice areas: General Defense Litigation, Municipal Law, and/or Labor & Employment Law. The ideal candidate must be focused, highly motivated, and energized to take on current business as well as new challenges. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1862, McCormick Law Firm is one of the oldest and most established law firms in North Central Pennsylvania. The Firm has a regional presence, and is looking for an attorney with a long-term commitment to residing and practicing in Pennsylvania. The Williamsport area offers a high quality of life. All attorneys at McCormick Law Firm are encouraged and expected to be involved as a volunteer in the community.
Interested applicants should send a resume, law school transcript and cover letter, including available start date, to Emilie Pearson, Business Manager, via email, or via regular mail to:
McCormick Law Firm
Attn: Emilie Pearson, Business Manager
835 West Fourth Street
Williamsport, PA 17701
A Paoli, PA law firm has a job opening for an experienced law firm billing coordinator. This person will compile, manage, and execute attorney billing. This person may also perform a variety of other accounting and bookkeeping duties according to established policies and procedures. Maintains contact with attorneys, staff, vendors and clients, and observes confidentiality of client and firm matters.
Timeslips experience preferred. Experience transitioning to new software system a plus. Five years’ experience preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Compiles and bills attorney hours to clients every month.
- Reviews and edits pre-bills in response to attorney and secretary requests.
- Apply retainer funds as directed by attorney.
- Process write-offs following Firm policy.
- Ability to execute complex bills in a timely manner (i.e., multiple discounts by matter, split-party billing, preparation of electronic bills).
- Assist attorneys and staff regarding various aspects of the billing cycle.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with attorneys, staff, and clients.
- Review and verify accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required.
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding billing issues and problems.
- Create new billing formats as needed.
- Create billing schedules and various other billing analyses as required.
- Creates and prints final client billing.
- Creates and distributes monthly reports.
- Assist with WIP and receivables; Work with Partners to actively address aged and/or unbilled fees and costs.
- Utilizes computerized accounting and payables software programs (CMS, Excel, Word) to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Operates office equipment including personal computer, copiers, fax machines and 10-key calculator.
- Reads, uses and is familiar with computer systems manuals and procedures, maintains and updates procedural manuals as needed.
- Ensures strict confidentiality at all times.
Experienced and interested candidates should Email resume and salary requirements to Beth Ruggiero.
The Lycoming County Public Defender’s Office in Williamsport, PA has an opening for an Assistant Public Defender. A recent JD graduate who has passed the Bar is suitable. Applicant must also be a member of the Pennsylvania Bar and possess a valid driver’s license. Interested applicants should mail directly to
William J. Miele, Esquire
Chief Public Defender
48 West Third Street
Williamsport, PA 17701
Be sure to include:
- writing sample
- cover letter
The position will require assisting indigent clients in defense, children and youth, juvenile court, mental health and parole violations.
The Lycoming Law Association has a job opening. They are looking for a part-time Executive Director to provide professional management for this organization and its 200 plus members. As such, familiarity with lawyers and law offices, together with take-charge ability and management skills are a must. The position will be part-time 25 to 30 hours per week, with salary commensurate with experience. For full details of the position, necessary qualifications, and the application process, please go to the LLA website at www.lycolaw.org.
Immediate job opening: A Montgomery County, PA law firm has an opening for an Accounting Manager. The responsibilities include overall direction and supervision of accounting operations, general ledger, financial reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, banking, cash receipts, collections and billing. Federal, State and Local tax reporting, preparing financial plans and annual budgets, and managing accounting staff. The desired candidate should possess previous experience in a law firm. Knowledge of Aderant Platinum a plus. Professional written and verbal communication skills required. Send resume and salary requirements to Joan Wean.
If job gains and losses are any indication of economic recovery, it is safe to say that the general economy continues to inch out of the recession pit, but the legal industry is still in the hole. The most recent report by the US Department of Labor indicates that the legal industry lost 1,200 jobs in April, even as the economy as a whole saw the highest monthly job creation in more than two years.
According to DOL, the private sector as a whole has posted a job gain for 50 consecutive months. That’s clear evidence that the recovery is moving at a snail’s pace. Still, it keeps improving, and that’s what counts. It has always been a peculiarity of the legal industry in that it lags behind the general economy; slower to experience dips, and slower to recover. So it’s not surprising at all.
Optimists like myself take comfort in knowing that eventually our sector will catch up. Just keep in mind that the economy in the legal industry will never return to where it was. There will be some expansion in some practice areas. But as a whole we’re going to be faced with flat or diminished client demand and strong competition from firms of all sizes.
If you’ve been hanging on by a thread waiting for the recovery to bail you out –trying to avoid making changes which might be painful — it’s time to make the hard decisions.
Solnick & Levin is a small law firm in Jenkintown, PA with a busy personal injury and workers’ compensation practices. They have a job opening for a Law Firm Office Administrator.
The firm, which currently has 4 attorneys and 6 staff, is growing and will be nearly doubling its footprint into space adjacent to their existing office. The expansion project is expected to launch in April. The responsibilities include human resources management, facilities management, and management of accounts payable and accounts receivable. Interested candidates should submit their resume and salary requirement to Mindy Levin, Esq. via email. No calls or walk-ins. The firm offers health insurance and 401(k); salary is commensurate with experience.